Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Baby Sister Came to Visit


In January while we were still torn up with construction to our much needed kitchen, Betty Llewellyn came from Ohio to visit Norma and me. The end of December is a hard time for Betty since she lost her husband a year ago, so a visit to the sunshine state was a welcome visit for her and for us. She was only able to stay 4 days and poor Norma was sick with a head cold that settled in her chest. We did get to go shopping and breakfast and a lovely dinner at the Outback with the girls I work with, Myra Donnelly and Karen Clerkin. I was able to cook in my almost complete kitchen. I made Clams and Linguine and Salad and fresh fruit with Cointreau drizzled over it.

Betty is very busy in Ohio with Hartville Kitchen's as Banquet Manager and Concert Organizer for Gospel Concerts. Every show is a sell out for the 500 seat room. She is very busy and the trip to Florida was well used and very much enjoyed by her. Betty Lou had to return to Akron and we had to settle into our weight loss program and plenty of exercise. This is a year dedication for me and I will stick with it by golly by gee. My goal is October of 2008 a big change..............


3 comments:

TUFFENUF said...

Nice photo! How come your sister doesn't have silver hair like you and Norma???? The kitchen turned out really beautiful!

TUFFENUF said...

How come your sister doesn't have silver hair like you and Norma??

Schiplady said...

Bonnie: The kitchen looks great. I know you and Norma will enjoy it a lot. I remember how good your cooking tastes !! The kitchen in the house that we are going to be renting in Santa Fe has been redone also. Unfortunately it has an electric stove and I have become accustomed to using gas since we moved here. I will have to learn to cook all over again...