Friday, October 19, 2007

Germany sights




Germany was the most beautiful trip for me. I went two years ago but this trip was three weeks and first class on Aeroflot a Russian airlines. Let me tell you all the fun and great times we had.
August 13th, 2007

I arose at 5 am to prepare for the trip to the airport to fly to Germany. I waited until this am to change purses so I knew all was well and where it would be. The stretch Limo with my friend Gwen arrived 7:30 am. My suit case and purse were placed in the trunk and we were off to the airport. The purse I was carrying I borrowed from my daughter Leah that would hold a lap top computer if I wanted to travel with such. I just wanted to put my reading material and listening device and tickets and passport and stuff in one place. This case was so organized with all kinds of pockets I emptied my purse and put all the things I would need in all the proper places I thought. The limo driver drops us off at TIA and the sky caps approach to help with the luggage. I started searching for my passport. The sky cap came up to us, we told him I was searching for passport, so they walked away. I check each and every compartment to no avail. I could not find my ticket or passport so we called the limo driver and she had to pull over to the side of the road and check the trunk, NO it was not in the trunk. I called my sister to see if I left it laying on the table. She said she was going dumpster diving because she had taken the trash out and maybe it fell in the wastebasket before she closed the bag. I was panic stricken and breaking out in a swet and almost in tears, my blood pressure had to be over the top. This very pleasant sky cap came back about three or four times, he said sweetie calm down it must be there. I had emptied the purse out totally and could not find it and I check every area I thought and the gentle skycap came up and said calm down did you check this section and I go ahead I have checked every where, sure enough he put his hand in the section and came out with the passport and ticket. He said see you were too stressed. I gave him the biggest hug and he whisked us off inside and checked our baggage all the way to Frankfort German of which they are only suppose to go as far a New York because we were switching carriers in NY to a Russian Airlines.
Needless to say I gave Brian the biggest hug and a very large tip for all he did over and above his job. If you ever fly Delta out of TIA ask for Brian and tell him Bonnie mentioned his name and tip him good he deserves it.
Well from there we went to the Crown Room and guess what, Bonnie had three Bloody Marys and then we boarded for NYC.
The Pictures at the beginning of the blogg, the first is the town I was living in Hirshorn and the mountain roads we traveled on. More to come.........

2 comments:

TUFFENUF said...

Good Job! Nice photos & next time hang the passport around your neck on one of those necklaces that holds ID, tickets and everything! I don't leave home without it!

Schiplady said...

Your pictures look great. Keep them coming. And I agree with Tuff - when I went to Guatemala I crocheted a pouch that hung around my neck and when out in public, I put it down inside my shirt so no one could get to it. Kept my money, Visa, etc. inside it. I am so glad you had a good time. Still looking for you to visit out here...